1. Who is responsible for data processing and who can I turn to?
Responsible is Schmelzmetall Deutschland GmbH
Represented by the managing directors: Edgar Seufert, Markus Heinrich
Data protection officer of the company to be contacted by e-mail: email@example.com
Address: Raiffeisenstr. 8, 97854 Steinfeld–Hausen
2. Which sources and data do we use?
Purposes of data collection, processing or use:
The object of the company is the sale of high-performance materials from copper and wrought copper alloys as well as of semi-finished and finished parts from our own production. The data collection, processing and use serve the purpose of carrying out the sales activities and all administrative work (Art.6 (1) f GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)) required for the proper processing of orders (in the frame of the balance of interests (Art.6 (1f) GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)).
You are entitled to receive information on and disclosure of your personal data stored in the company's IT systems upon request without charge. Additionally, you have the right to have your personal data corrected, blocked and/or deleted according to the legal provisions.
3. Description of the groups of persons and the data and data categories referring to them
Customer data: Addresses, contacts, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, differing invoice addresses, different delivery addresses Potential customer data: Addresses, contacts, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses Supplier data: Addresses, contacts, bank data, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses Sales partners: Addresses, contacts, bank data, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses Applicants: Addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, certificates, CV, qualifications
4. Recipients to which the data may be disclosed
- Public authorities if there are overriding statutory provisions in the frame of the balance of interests Art. 6 (1f) GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation);
- External contractors for the fulfillment of the purposes as mentioned under 2.;
- External authorities pursuant to Art. 6 (1c) GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation);
- Internal departments for fulfilling the purposes mentioned under 2. (Art. 6 (1b) GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)).
5. How long will the data remain stored?
The legislator has imposed diverse retention obligations and periods: Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch (BGB) (Civil Code) §§195 et seq), Handelsgesetzbuch (HGB) (Commercial Code), Abgabenordnung (AO) (Tax Code). After the expiration of the periods (they may last up to 30 years), the data will be deleted. The regular limitation period is 3 years. If it is not possible to delete data, they will be blocked and further access to them denied.
6. Are data communicated to third countries?
The transmission of data to third countries
- exclusively serves the execution of your customer orders
- is done if prescribed by law, like e.g. tax reporting obligations, combating money laundering and terrorist financing as well as other criminal offences
- if we have received your consent to do so
- is done to an IT service provider in Switzerland to guarantee the IT operation of our company in compliance with the European level of data protection
7. Links to other websites
The online offer includes links to other websites. We have no influence on whether the operators of other websites comply with the data protection regulations.
According to general law, Schmelzmetall as provider is responsible for their own contents. From these own contents, "links" to contents made available by other providers may have to be distinguished. Schmelzmetall shall accept no responsibility for external contents which are made available via links and are specially marked, and shall also not make such contents their own. The provider of the website alone shall be liable for illegal, incorrect, flawed or incomplete contents as well as for all damage resulting from the utilization or non-utilization of the information.
Internet pages partly use so-called cookies. Cookies cause no damage to your computer and do not include viruses. Cookies merely serve the purpose of making our offer more user-friendly, more effective and safer. Cookies are small text files stored on your processor which your Browser will then store. The cookies used by us are so-called "session cookies". They are automatically deleted following your visit. You may configure your browser in a way that you will be informed about the placing of cookies and may permit cookies on a case-by-case basis only or exclude the acceptance of cookies in certain cases or in general or activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. Deactivating cookies may limit the functionality of this website.